Saturday 23 August 2014

Tropical Smoothie Bowl


It felt like summer time when I ate breakfast this morning. All these tropical fruits and berries, it was amazing! By far the best way to start the day. Ever since making my first smoothie bowl I have found I absolutely love them for breakfast. The smoothie is delicious and the toppings have amazing benefits for your body. It fills you up for ages and keeps you energised for most of the day.


I decided to make a collage of the toppings I put on my smoothie this morning. All these toppings provide such good vitamins, minerals, fibre, protein and fatty acids to your body. They are nature's super foods.

Tropical Smoothie Bowl

Smoothie:
1 large banana, cut into pieces
1 cup frozen organic mango
1 1/2 cups organic pineapple
a few organic raspberries
270ml coconut milk

Toppings:
pineapple
raspberries

almond slices
bee pollen (omit if vegan)
ground flax seed
shelled raw hemp seeds


For the smoothie, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, using the tamper to press the mixture into the blades.  Pour into a bowl, top with toppings (I used about 1 Tbsp of each).  Enjoy!


Note* I make the smoothie the day/night before so I don't waste time at breakfast time so its ready to go for breakfast the next day.



No comments:

Post a Comment